Saturday, January 29, 2011

Palanca from Jack Finnerty

Dear Team of the M122d:

Within the last several weeks, I have had three reminders re: Romans 8:28, “We know that all things work for good for those that who love God, who are called according to his purpose.” (NAB) One of these reminders was part of a eulogy at a friend’s funeral, one was from an email reflection written by a nun in the Midwest somewhere, and the third was an old file folder in my desk from a “Romans 8” course taught at St. Mary’s in the mid 1980’s. How could I NOT incorporate Romans 8 into palanca?
I suppose most of us are familiar with the first part of Rm 8:28, but do we remember the second part of the verse? That struck me as I was thinking about the verse and you in your calling for Cursillo team – your call, His Purpose.

My prayers for you this week are that His purpose will truly be realized in you during formation and during the weekend experience.

DeColores and God Bless,

Jack Finnerty

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jack, this is powerful stuff. We can only hope to respond as Paul suggests a few lines later in Rom 8:31 - What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

    Be well - see you Thursday.
    -Peter

    ReplyDelete